Teradata Hiring Freshers as Software Engineer on Oct 2015
Company Name: Teradata
Company Website: www.teradata.com
Experience: 0 – 3 Years
Qualification: Bachelors degree
Skills: C, C++, Java, Perl and XML
Job Role: Application Developers
Job Location: Mumbai
About Company :
Teradata can show you how. With our best-in-class analytics solutions, you can know more about what really matters and do more than you ever thought possible
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- They will monitor the test automation factory and takenecessary steps for a smooth operation.
- They will analyze new test failures and resolve them by either changing control files or by following up with developers / escalating it to development managers in order to ensure quick bug fixes
- They will continually optimize the test workload to execute them efficiently on the given set of factory machines. To do this they will design and maintain a scheduler framework. They will periodically add newly developed tests (written either by test content writers or by programmatic explosion test writers) to the factory and schedule them for efficient execution on the given set of factory machines.
- The team will monitor hardware setup, capacity and make recommendations for new hardware.
- Perform problem detection, isolation and reporting activities
- Perform highly complex black-box tests in support of multiple phases of the Standard Development Life Cycle for the Teradata Data Warehouse product suite
- These individuals are part of a team that will design, develop and extend automation scripts that run automated tests.
- Contribute to highly complex, system test specifications and plans
This position is located at the Teradata India Engineering Services (TIES) location in Hyderabad; a highly technical environment with highly skilled technical associates.
Skills & Attributes:
- Very good PERL, Unix Shell scripting experience: 7 on a scale of 10.
- Good at any one programming language
- Good understanding of relational database concepts to be able to analyze regressions: 7 on a scale of 10.
- Good understanding of SQL and relational database functionality: 7 on a scale of 10
- Good skills in Database connectors
- Demonstrated ability in industry standard black box test methodologies
- Good at Test design, Test automation, test development
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in computer science or related discipline with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in highly complex system level test environments is desirable.
- Experience with load utilities, stored procedures and functions is desirable.
- Good at testing large scale data warehouse systems.
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Perl and XML programming is a plus
- Experience in agile development methodologies is a plus
- Teradata certification is desirable