Oracle Recruitment As System Administrator For B.E/B.Tech | Across India
Oracle Recruitment As System Administrator For B.E/B.Tech
About the Company: Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood Shores, California. The company sells database software and technology, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software products—particularly its own brands of database management systems.
Job Profile: System Administrator
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: 1-5 years
Work Location: Bangalore
- The Systems Administrator 1 is an entry level technical position in the GIT OU Support organization.
- This individual works within a geographically distributed team with minimal supervision.
- The role will interact directly with the customer in order to assess, assemble and then provide resolution actions for technical incidents which are affecting the successful delivery of Oracle University classes.
- This role independently resolves technical problems but may require guidance and direction from other Team Leads and/or Managers.
- Works to defined workflow and reporting processes.
Example of Duties:
- Respond to reported service issues (incidents) by handling in-bound SRs ensuring that the customer’s problems are identified and documented using the Oracle Helpdesk application.
- Identify any known incident resolutions using a knowledge management system.
- Apply identified resolutions to the incident and interact with the customer to ensure the incident has been properly resolved.
- Ensure proper escalation of incidents to other GIT OU Support groups which cannot be resolved by this role.
- Liaise with regional Oracle University event scheduling teams to resolve events which have not been scheduled correctly
- Liaise with regional Oracle university teams and Global IT staff to identify and resolve classroom desktop problems which may affect the readiness of a classroom prior to a class starting.
- Work to defined GIT OU Support processes and quality guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Solaris operating system commands and interfaces.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols is recommended.
- Understanding of Virtualisation concepts – VMware, Xen hosts.
- Read, understand and apply known error management documentation and product installation guides for purposes of identifying and applying resolutions.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database technology is recommended.
- Follows verbal and written instructions accurately
- Understands the importance of customer service
- Written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality support
- Is able to manage time and work flow to meet service levels
- Adjusts terminology to meet the needs of the customer
- Presents issues and solutions clearly and checks for understanding
- Exercises judgement in seeking advice and counsel
- Handles stressful situations effectively
- Provides reliable follow-up
- Projects a positive and professional image
- Demonstrates teamwork skills
- Is able to take full ownership of responsibilities
- Understands departmental and company policies, procedures and business practices
- Works toward predefined performance targets
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in described field
Some experience of working in a support service environment desirable, but recent graduates/freshers with appropriate skills are welcome to apply.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
- Monitor the fundamental server/network capacity.
- Determine the characteristics of a problem and either resolve the problem immediately and/or record, escalate, and track the problem through to closure and to the customer*s satisfaction.
- Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. BS in Computer Science or related field.