IHS Markit Off Campus hiring Associate Engineer | Across India
IHS Markit- hiring Associate Engineer
About Company: IHS Markit Ltd is a London–based global information provider formed in 2016 with the merger of IHS Inc. and Markit Ltd.
Job Profile: Associate Software Engineer
Degree Needed: B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA
Exp Needed: Freshers
Work Location: Gurgaon
- Development teams within IHS-Markit consists of senior developers, developers and architects who together are responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the market-leading Software products.
- Development teams have well established & tailored software development life cycle (SDLC) for software development.
- This SDLC is followed to deliver planned releases from product roadmap to existing and new clients.
- These products use the core technologies like Java 1.6, J2EE (EJB, JMS, MDB), Oracle (9i, 10g), MQ and XML, running on a variety of operating systems and middleware products.
- We are looking for Developers to join the development team, to design and implement the next generation of features for the application as well as support clients in their implementation phase.
- The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role.
- We work in niche business domain is highly complex, and an interest in the business domain is a necessity for the role.
- The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development lifecycle.
- Ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project lifecycle pre and post go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams – support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with a remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & adoption of new technologies and tools within the Development team and across the organisation to provide productivity, efficiency and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge to members of the Development and wider organisation.
- Agent of constant improvement – within the development and across the organization.
Education and experience:
- B Tech./ M Tech / MCA degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
- Commercial awareness
- Management requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Personal competencies
- Working knowledge in one of the J2EE – Application Servers listed below Weblogic, IBM Websphere, JBoss / Tomcat with good knowledge in Java 6/7/8.
- Working knowledge of one of the Messaging Systems listed below: JMS, MQ, Tibco.is an added advantage
- Demonstrates ability to implement new web service clients (bottom-up and top-down approaches) and compose/use other web services.
- Uses best practices during web services implementations and works with the following standards: WS-I standards (interoperability), Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC), JAX WS, REST, SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
- Beginner level proficiency in Oracle – (PL/SQL)
- Diagnosis skills & knowledge of refactoring techniques is an added advantage.
- Understands J2EE design patterns, GoF, GRASP and other design patterns.