Glassbeam IT Services Off Campus For Freshers As Software Associates – Solution Engineering On 16 Aug 2016 @ Bangalore
Company Name: Glassbeam IT Services (P) Ltd
Company Website: www.glassbeam.com
Experience: 0 – 2 years
Salary: Not Mentioned
Job Role: Software Associate – Solution Engineering 
JOB Location: Bangalore
Job Type: Apply
Venue Date: 16 Aug 2016
Last Date to Apply: 15 Aug 2016
Do you want to work at an exciting Internet of Things (IoT) big data analytics product start-up delivering actionable intelligence on machine log data? If so, we at Glassbeam would like to hear from you. We have developed a cutting-edge approach to mining machine log information and extracting intelligence from any connected device.
Glassbeam’s technology is geared towards processing large volume and high complexity data using open source technologies like Cassandra and Solr Cloud and delivering applications with pre-defined visualizations using modern frameworks. The Glassbeam workplace motivates the entrepreneurial spirit and creativity of its people. We are looking for folks who love the challenge of working on internet scale products and technologies and want to make a difference by being part of one the biggest market segments this decade- Harnessing the power of machine data.
- As a solution Engineer, you will understand our customer’s domain, their product architecture, log file specifics and their requirement for machine data analytics. You will then use the Glassbeam’s SCALAR platform to structure the data from the machine logs. You will also be responsible to build custom dashboards, analytics and supporting software to ensure a successful solution for our customers.
- To accomplish this, you will use Glassbeam’s proprietary language SPL and a reporting framework for analytics. Optionally in many cases, you will also use SCALA to extend the capability of the product to parse unsupported formats. You will own the solution end to end from requirement gathering to solution delivery.
- If you are interested in striking a fine balance between technical skills, customer facing skills and solution engineering, then this will be the perfect role for you. # Being part of a start-up, you will quickly learn the key values must for any professional- ownership, never-say-die attitude, wearing multiple hats and the exciting opportunity of make a big difference!
2016 batch only BE/BTech(CS/IT)/MCA
Good academic record
Good pH score
Skills (Must have) :
- Software Engineering (Any programming language) – Ability to think logically, solve a given problem using any programming language you are comfortable. You will learn SPL as part of the training and you will also self-learn SCALA.
- Strong communication skills – Ability and interest to interface with clients, internal teams, understand requirements, communicate verbally and orally.
- Attitude – Attitude to work in a start-up. Attitude to learn quickly. Attitude to take ownership and drive initiatives. Interest to wear multiple hats, grow technically, improve customer facing skills and the zeal to build a solution using Glassbeam’s platform, that solves customer pain points
Skills (Plus points) :
- Domain knowledge – Any courses taken on networking, storage, medical devices will be a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of regular expressions (Java/Perl)
- Apply here