Expedia Group Freshers Recruitment As Associate Software Development Engineer For B.E/B.Tech | Across India
Expedia Group Freshers Recruitment As Associate Software Development Engineer For B.E/B.Tech
About Company: Expedia Group is an American global travel technology company. Its websites, which primarily travel fare aggregators and travel metasearch engines, include CarRentals.com, Expedia.com, HomeAway, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, trivago, Venere.com and vrbo
Company Name: Expedia
Job Profile: Associate Software Development Engineer
Work Location: Bangalore, India
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
- Expedia Group is looking for highly talented Associate Software Development Engineers.
- We are building the foundation to empower our end-users to share opinions, photos, and other user-generated content with Expedia Group, and in turn to empower our service consumers to customize websites with social media and user-generated content.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Contribute to requirement definition process
- Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small projects
- Work with support to design, spec, and schedule a component or feature
- Provide quality implementation and testing of a component or feature with peer and manager support
- Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Collaborate with and learn from all members of technical staff
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts / Science or Bachelor of Engineering / Technology degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred, graduating in 2020
- General understanding of the software development life cycle and agile development methodology
- Strong object-oriented programming, comfortable with front-end development and design skills in any language. More preference is placed on Java but talent trumps languages
- Ability to debug code and understanding of unit testing concepts
- Passion for building high-quality software quickly through iterative development
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architecture is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers.